Saturday, February 23, 2013

St. Bridget's Convent Ruins, Pirita, Estonia

The history of the Pirita Convent dates back to XV century. It operated in Pirita area, Estonia until the forces of Ivan the Terrible destroyed it during the Livonian war in 1577. 





It is posted in The Weekend in Black and White.

10 comments:

  1. Probably quite stark even before it fell into ruins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting image, quite beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice in B&W!
    http://amitaag.blogspot.in/2013/02/old-world-charm.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. A combination of severe straight lines and gentle curves. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent photography ... the ruins are perfect for BW :)

    ReplyDelete